2.3. Export Customers to QuickBooks
To Export customers from your online store to QuickBooks, follow several steps of the wizard:
1. Select "Export Customers to QuickBooks" or highlight several customers and right-click on them to call the context menu, and select "Addons / Export Customers to QuickBooks"
2. "Export Preview" allows filtering your data by any parameter. Note that all customers listed here will be exported to QuickBooks.
You can use native greed filters (click column headings) for sorting or rearranging items.
Filters will affect the result of export.
The next page - "Export/Import Options" - contains the upper fields related to the connecting with the QuickBooks Company File.
Customer Identification Method - Export will search for a customer using selected method of identification. The customer will be modified if there are any found, if not - new customer will be added.
First of all you should to connect to your QuickBooks database.
- If QuickBooks is running right now, select first option to connect to your data.
- If QuickBooks is off, you can connect to its data file (.qbw) anyway, just browse the one you need to proceed.
Also note that you may need to allow access from QuickBooks integration plugin to QuickBooks. Please check if QuickBooks asks any confirmation (it will pop up automatically if it's needed) and proceed.
3. Export options may affect results. Please, read and check your selection carefully.
Create and Modify - will add new customer if it is not available in database yet and modify the customers that were found
Create Only - will only create new items and will not modify existing one if some were found (only add new customers)
Modify Only - will only update existing customers and will not add new entries, even if new customers were not found in Shopping Cart
Modify additional information (Taxes) - enable this option if you wish to modify additional information.
Set Default tax - when enabled, allows you to set default tax type specified below for exported customers. Taxable item code - specify tax code that will be assigned to taxable customers.
If taxable item code list is empty, click "Get tax items" to retrieve existing Taxes from QuickBooks.
4. Map Customer step allows you to map customers from your Store to appropriate items from QuickBooks either automatically or manually.
In order to refresh/get item list from QuickBooks, use "Fill Customers List" button.
In order to map the identical customers automatically, use "Auto Fill" button.
"Clear mapping button" allows you to clear mapping for selected items.
In order to map customers manually, simply click on any store customer field and select one from the drop-down.
Attention! Export process will start, when you press "Export" button! Proceed only if all options are set correctly, otherwise press "Back" button and check everything once more!
5. On the last step you can see detailed export log - the list of created/modified items exported customers list and errors if there are any.
The lower area serves for saving current configuration to be able to upload and use it during the next export customers process:
6. After that you can check the result in QuickBooks: