2.2. Export Products to QuickBooks
Important Note: if you have Windows Vista, you should run Store Manager without admin privileges.
You can start running QuickBooks Integration addon the following ways:
- click on the appropriate icon in the Addons section
- select the products, call the context menu by using the right-mouse clicking and choose "Export Products to QuickBooks"
To be able to start working with the Addon, make sure the QuickBook Accounting system is running on your PC and you have permission to access to the company data file.
In other cases, on the connecting page of the QuickBook Addon you can see the following objection:
To avoid this message, please run the Store Manager and the QuickBook Accounting Software in the administrative mode (use the right-mouse clicking to call the menu with the necessary options):
You will be taken to the page where you should get an access to connect to the QuickBooks Company File.
The upper fields related to the connecting details. Take into account next aspects (conditions):
- If you running the QuickBooks on your computer at the current time, just check the first condition and press the button to connect.
- If the Intuit QuickBooks Software is not currently launching and to be able to connect you should specify the QuickBooks company data file name, which can be found on your PC to start the session.
There are some specifics during connecting:
In case you created your own Company File at the QuickBooks, use the first variant from the proposed ones on the current page. It will work if such file has already authorized at the computer.
To avoid this you should choose the following variant in the message, which appears after pressing the option to start the session:
Then, the further attempts of connecting to the same company file in QuickBooks can be performed without launching the QuickBooks software itself through the second condition:
- Select the configuration field - contains the list of configurations which were saved previously.
‘Begin Session’ button connects the QuickBooks with the Store Manager via addon and starts the chosen action.
Once the preparation is completed you can proceed.
Export Products to QuickBooks action
Indicate your further actions by choosing the appropriate operation on the addon’s Welcome page:
After pressing the corresponding operation you will be taken to the Export Preview Data page - current page allows to see which data will be transferred to the QuickBooks.
Each column has its own filter settings, which allows you to display the data in the required order.
Click on the column’s heading to expand the check-boxes with the possible filter positions and select as many variants as you want to see in the filtered results :
Take a note, the selected filters will affect result data to export!
Click on the option to move ahead.
Import/Export Options Step
Current page helps to connect to your QuickBooks account and upload the settings which have been saved during the previous operations in the addon.
Export options may affect the results. Please, read and check your selection carefully.
Also note that you may need to allow access from QuickBooks integration plug-in to QuickBooks. Please, check if Quick Books asks any confirmation (it will pop up automatically if it's needed) and proceed.
The ‘Import/Export Options’ page will be modified after the successful connection and you can see the following process options:
- Create and Modify - will add new product if it is not available in database yet and modify those products that were found
- Create Only - will only create new items and will not modify existing if they are found (only add new products)
- Modify Only - will only update existing products and will not add new entries, even if new products were not found in Shopping Cart
- Set Default tax - when it's enabled, this option allows you to set default tax type specified below for exported products.
- Taxable item code - specify tax code that will be assigned to taxable products. If taxable item code list is empty, click "Get tax items" button to retrieve existing Taxes from QuickBooks.
- Product options
- Export Products as Type - select product type from the list for exported products, i.e.:
Inventory part - consider items which are exporting as inventory positions; non-inventory part; service or other charge.
- Export Product as - specify which database field will be exported as an item name (product name or product model).
Also you can specify Max length for item name in the corresponding field:
- Use an identifier for product descriptions transferring from the proposed list:
- Accounts - specify account that will be assigned to the items. If Accounts list is empty, click "Get Accounts" button to retrieve existing accounts from QuickBooks (as in the illustration represented above).
Select the appropriate direction for each of the proposed accounts:
Map Custom Fields step
- Allows you to map products custom fields from your Store to appropriate items custom fields from QuickBooks.
- If items in your QuickBooks have custom fields and you would like to fill them during the export, please, check this option at the top of the window. Otherwise just click "Next" button.
In order to map products field from your store to items custom field from your QuickBooks select appropriate Source Field Name from the drop-down list.
Check "Use Default Value" option if you would like to set manually a default value for items custom field.
- Map Products step
- Serves for mapping products from your Store to the appropriate items from QuickBooks either automatically or manually.
- In order to refresh/get items list from QuickBooks, use "Fill Items List" button.
- In order to map the same products automatically, use "Auto Fill" button.
- "Clear mapping" button allows you to clear mapping for selected items.
- In order to show items description, enable corresponding check-box.
- In order to map products manually, simply click on any store product field and select one from the drop-down.
- Attention! Export process will start, when you press "Export" button! Proceed only if all options are set correctly, otherwise press "Back" Button and check all once more!
- On the last step you can see detailed export log - the list of created/modified items, exported product list and errors if there are any.
- 7. After that you can check the result in QuickBooks