2.2. Export Products to QuickBooks
Important Note: if you have Windows Vista, you should run Store Manager without admin privileges.
You can start running the QuickBooks Integration addon the following ways:
- Click [QuickBooks Integration] in the Addons section:
- Select the products, call the context menu with the right-click and choose "Export Products to QuickBooks"
To start working with the addon, make sure the QuickBook Accounting system is running on your PC and you have permission to access the company data file. In other cases, on the connecting page of the QuickBook Addon you will see the following warning:
To avoid this message, please run Store Manager and the QuickBook Accounting Software in the administrative mode (use the right-click to call the menu with the necessary options):
You will be taken to the page where you should get access to connect to the QuickBooks Company File.
The upper fields related to the connecting details. Take into account next aspects (conditions):
- If QuickBooks is running on your computer, check the first condition and press the button [Begin Session] to connect.
- If QuickBooks is not currently launched, click the "browse" icon and select QuickBooks company data file on your PC. After that you can begin the session.
There are some specifics during connecting:
In case you created your own Company File at the QuickBooks, use the first option. It will work if such file has already been authorized at the computer.
To avoid this, you should choose the following option in the message that appears after pressing the option to start the session:
Then, the further attempts of connecting to the same company file in QuickBooks can be performed without launching the QuickBooks software itself through the second condition:
Select the configuration from the list of configurations that were saved previously.
The button [Begin Session] connects QuickBooks with Store Manager via addon and starts the chosen action.
Once the preparation is completed, you can proceed.
Export Products to QuickBooks
Choose [Export Products to QuickBooks] operation in the "Welcome" window:
You will be taken to the "Export Preview Data" step. This page allows you to see what data will be transferred to QuickBooks.
Each column has its own filter settings that allows you to display data in the required order.
Click the column’s heading to expand the list with check-boxes with the possible filter positions and select as many variants as you want to see in the filtered results:
Note: selected filters will affect result data to be exported!
Click [Next] to move ahead.
The Import/Export Options Step
Current page helps connecting to your QuickBooks account and upload settings that were saved during the previous operations in the addon.
Note: Export options may affect the results. Please, read and check your selection carefully.
Also note that you may need to allow access from the QuickBooks integration addon to QuickBooks. Please, check if Quick Books asks any confirmation (it will pop-up automatically if it's needed) and proceed.
The "Import/Export Options" page will be modified after a successful connection and you will see the following process options:
- Create and Modify - will add new product if it is not available in database yet and modify those products that were found
- Create Only - will only create new items and will not modify existing if they are found (only add new products)
- Modify Only - will only update existing products and will not add new entries, even if new products were not found in Shopping Cart
- Set Default tax - when it's enabled, this option allows you to set default tax type specified below for exported products.
"Taxable item code" - specify a tax code that will be assigned to taxable products. If a taxable item code list is empty, click [Get tax items] to retrieve existing Taxes from QuickBooks.
"Export Products as Type" - select product type from the list for exported products, i.e.:
- "Inventory Part" - consider items that are exporting as inventory positions; non-inventory part; service or other charge.
"Export Product as" - specify what database field will be exported as an item name (product name or product model).
Also you can specify Max length for item name in the corresponding field.
Use an identifier for product descriptions transferring from the proposed list.
"Accounts" - specify account that will be assigned to the items. If Accounts list is empty, click "Get Accounts" button to retrieve existing accounts from QuickBooks (as in the illustration represented above).
Select the necessary direction for each of the proposed accounts:
The Map Custom Fields Step
This step allows you to map products custom fields from your store to the corresponding items custom fields from QuickBooks.
If items in your QuickBooks have custom fields and you would like to fill them during the export, please, check this option at the top of the window. Otherwise just click "Next" button.
In order to map products field from your store to items custom field from your QuickBooks select appropriate Source Field Name from the drop-down list.
Check "Use Default Value" option if you would like to set manually a default value for items custom field.
Map Products step
Serves for mapping products from your Store to the appropriate items from QuickBooks either automatically or manually.
- In order to refresh/get items list from QuickBooks, use "Fill Items List" button.
- In order to map the same products automatically, use "Auto Fill" button.
- "Clear mapping" button allows you to clear mapping for selected items.
- In order to show items description, enable corresponding check-box.
- In order to map products manually, simply click on any store product field and select one from the drop-down.
Attention! Export process will start, when you press the [Export] button! Proceed only if all options are set correctly, otherwise press [Back] and check everything once more!
On the last step, you can see detailed export log - the list of created/modified items, exported product list and errors if there are any.
7. After that you can check the result in QuickBooks
Export Magento configurable product to QuickBooks
QuickBooks Integration addon will export only configurable (parent) product with its own SKU. Product variations won't be exported.