2.5. Import Products from QuickBooks
To Import products from QuickBooks to your online store, follow several steps of the wizard:
1. Select "Import Products from QuickBooks" option and click next to proceed.
2. Import options may affect results. Please, read and check your selection carefully.
Important note: You can select the field to be used for identification in QuickBooks from the drop-down menu "Import product code as". The following product codes can be used:
Item List ID
Also note that this product code selected above will be mapped to the following field from your shopping cart, see accordingly:
if you have Magento, product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to SKU field in Magento;
if you have osCommerce, product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to the Model field in osCommerce;
if you have CRE Loaded , product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to the Model in CRE Loaded;
if you have Zen Cart, product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to the Model in Zen Cart;
if you have CubeCart, product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to the Product Code in Cube Cart;
if you have xCart, product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to the SKU Number;
if you have Pinnacle, product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to the Product ID;
if you have PrestaShop, product code from QuickBooks will be mapped to the Reference.
The first option allows you to connect to your QuickBooks database.
- If QuickBooks is running right now, select first option to connect to your data.
- In other case, you can connect to its data file (.qbw), just browse the one you need to proceed.
Also note that you may need to allow access from QuickBooks integration plug-in to QuickBooks. Please, check if QuickBooks asks any confirmation (it will pop up automatically if it's needed) and proceed.
Default category. If category name is specified here, Store Manager will create entire category tree for a product. If there's no "category name" column (in .csv) or it is not assigned, all products will be imported to a category specified as Default. If default category is not specified and there's no other way to determine which category products should be imported into, program will create "Default category" and place all new products there.
Import Product Code as - specify which database field will be imported as product name (item name or Item Name ID).
- Create and Modify - will add new product if it is not available in database yet and modify those products that were found
- Create Only - will only create new items and will not modify existing if found (only add new products)
- Modify Only - will only update existing products and will not add new entries, even if new products were not found in Shopping Cart.
Get QuickBooks Item Types option allows you to import: Inventory Part, Non-Inventory Part, Service and/or Other Charge from QuickBooks to Store Manager.
Update the following Products Fields: Select if you need to update product name, price, quantity and/or description.
Update Empty fields option - when enabled updates online store database with data from QuickBooks as is, for example if some products have empty product description, import will delete description in your online store database.
3. All products listed in the "Import Preview Data" will be imported to Store. You can use native grid filters (click on column captions) and sorting to filter or rearrange records.
Filters will affect results data.
Attention! Import process will start, when you press "Import" button! Proceed only if all settings are made, otherwise press "Back" button and check settings once more!
Important: We strongly recommend you to make full Database backup before any mass changes.
4. On the last step you can see detailed import log - the list of created/modified items, imported product list and errors if there are any.
5. After that you can check the results in Store Manager.